Monday, January 31, 2011

Megaputer, a Good Month, and Be My Guest

Just a few Sunday ramblings on some writerly topics.  On a side note, before I start: couldn’t we petition the OED to make “writerly” a word?  I mean, aren’t writers a huge percentage of dictionary users, if not the majority?  If you can have made up words like “sexting” and “staycation,” why not a word that would actually be useful?

Anyway, enough rambling.

  • I got my birthday present from my wonderful wife a month early: a new laptop.  My previous computer was a ten inch or so netbook, which is fine if you’re  not going to do muchmegaputer with it.  Since we don’t have a desktop anymore, that was my only computer, and, nice as it was, it was definitely lacking. This one is not only ridiculously fast by comparison, but it’s also friggin’ huge!  At 17.3 inches, it’s almost twice as big as the netbook.  I can see websites the way they were meant to be seen, including my own.  I can actually see the fake books now!
  • It’s been a very good January for Sanguine Musings.  I received three blogger awards and participated in a crapload of blogfests.  More importantly, though, I went from 36 followers on December 31st to 95!  Almost 60 in less than a month.  I don’t know how good that is in the grand scheme of the Blogosphere, but to me, that’s amazing.  Four months ago, when I started this blog, I stared at my one follower (me) and wondered how anyone would want to read this little blog of mine.  I can’t tell you how grateful I am to each one you of who reads my crazy ramblings.  I want to do something in honor of (hopefully) turning 100 soon, but I can’t think of anything.  I tried the blogfest, but didn’t get a lot of interest, and all my writing books (the goods ones, anyway) are too tattered and worn to give away.  Any suggestions?   
  • As I mentioned, I’ve entered a lot of blogfests and have really spread myself thin.  Not only have I been deficient in commenting on others’ entries, but I think I might have missed another blogfest altogether.  If there’s a blogfest out there I signed up for and missed, please yell at me in the comments and I will at least stop by and comment on the other entries if not post one myself. 
  • I would love to have someone guest blog here from time to time.  I think it’s nice having different voices be heard.  Plus the “Sangui-nation” is growing, and in my opinion there’s no better group of bloggers out there .  It could be a good way to generate readership.  I’d also love to do a guest post somewhere; I’ve been eagerly awaiting an offer, but now I’m shamelessly throwing myself out there.  Anyone interested in either offer, my email is stegermedic(at)gmail(dot)com.  I’ve also got a load of other ways for people to contact me on my Full Contact page.

2 comments:

  1. Do you write poetry? If you write some good poems and send them over to my Looking Glass Poetry Battle contest, I may feature some of your writing on my blog later in the year.

    Congratulations on your growing Sanguin Nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not a big poetry writer, but I have been known to dabble. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete