Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Enough About Me, Let’s Talk About Me

So I gussied up a little around here.  Added a few things, put up some proverbial curtains.  I think it looks a little better, but I’d love to hear what you all think.  The timing couldn’t be better, either, because Sanguine Musings has been named the “Blog of the Week” by Pandora Poiklilos @ Peace from Pieces.  Pandora has a weekly feature called Blog-A-Licious blogs in which she pores over of dozens of blogs each week and makes a list of about twenty or so blogs every week that are, in her words “Awesomeness, Interesting, and Pass-it-On”.  Out of all those sites, she chose my humble little effort to single out.  I’m really honored; this isn’t just an I-like-you-you-like-me-where’s-my-cupcake-thing.  It makes me believe I’m actually doing something worthwhile here.  Also, please check out her site; she blogs not only about writing, but about serious issues such as human rights and making the world better place to live.  While I write about doggie sex and zombies.

Okay, enough of that, it’s Blogfest time!  I entered a couple.  And by a couple, of course, I mean three.  I really like the concept of the blogfest in general: a place to discover new blogs and meet new people while sharing your creativity.  The only problem is that I’m busy enough without entering these things.  The nice thing about these three, though, is that I only have to write a total of three sentences between them.

First up, the New Creation Blogfest hosted by Summer @ My Inner Fairy.  The rules for this one are simple: take the last line of a story you’ve already written, and write the first line of a story you’ve been thinking about for a while.  Sort of a looking-back-looking-forward theme, perfect for the start of a new year.

Second, is the 100 Words for $100 Blogfest hosted by Elena @ You’re Write.  Except When You’re Rong.  Yes, there’s a prize.  For this contest, simply write a sentence.  No biggie, right?  Of course, the sentence has to be 100 words longs, give or take five.  For those of you who’ve gotten used to my incessant ramblings, you know the challenge for me won’t be writing 100 words, but writing only 100 words.

Last up, and – with all due respect to the other two – the one I’m most looking forward to, is the Significant Other Blogfest, co-hosted by DL @ Cruising Altitude and Talli Roland.  On January 21st, they want you to turn your blog over to your significant other and have them write a post about what it’s like living with a writer.  For you single types, they point out that “significant other” doesn’t have to mean spouse.  It could be your boyfriend or girlfriend.  It doesn’t even have to be a romantic significant other; it could be your child, your roommate, your parole officer, whatever.  Any one who feels the effects, good and bad, of someone close to them trying to make their way in the publishing world.  For me, that would be my wonderful wife, Kristy, by far the most significant of my others.  On January 21st, I’m going sit back while she writes a moving, thoughtful, often humorous account of the life of a writer’s wife.  You’re going to love it.

Boy is she going to be surprised when she reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment